Childcare is easier 2gether
2gether funding entitles up to 15 hours of free childcare and early learning each week to some two-year-olds in Devon.
The scheme helps improve children’s learning and development, gives them the opportunity to make new friends, learn through play and have lots of fun in one of our specially approved childcare settings, which include day nurseries, school nurseries, childminders and pre-schools.
Your child is eligible if your family is receiving certain benefits, has a household income under £16,190, or if your child has a disability, special educational need, is adopted or placed under a residency order.
Free childcare places start the term after your child’s second birthday, so don’t miss out. Find out if you are eligible today.
Your child is eligible if the family is receiving any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) of no more than £16,190 per year
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) of no more than £16,190 per year
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payments received when someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Family supported through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
Or if your child:
- receives Disability Living Allowance
- has a current statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care plan
- has left care through special guardianship, or an adoption or residence order
Or phone 0345 155 1013 with your National Insurance number, date of birth, name and child’s details.
Parents and carers of children with additional needs, and foster and adoptive parents should discuss applying with either the child’s social worker or the 2gether Programme Manager, call 01392 385537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send you a letter with our decision, usually within 5-10 working days.
You will need to take this letter to your chosen childcare provider to make the childcare arrangements. You can search online at www.devonfsd.info for Ofsted approved childcare providers near you, including childminders, day nurseries, pre-schools and school nurseries.
If you need any help with this phone 0345 155 1013 or email email@example.com
The 2gether funding will be paid directly to the provider.
Free childcare places start the term after your child’s second birthday; however you can apply for your place during the term that your child turns two.
|Child born between||Entitled from|
|1 April and 31 August||Start of the Autumn funding period following their 2nd birthday|
|1 September and 31 December||Start of the Spring funding period following their 2nd birthday|
|1 January and 31 March||Start of the Summer funding period following their 2nd birthday|
Once approved your 2gether funding lasts until your child turns 3 and becomes eligible for Early Years Entitlement, even if your financial circumstances change. Find out more at The Early Years Entitlement