Accessing your personal data

Under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act you are entitled to request a copy of the personal data that the Council holds about you. If you wish to request your personal data, we ask that you complete our Subject Access Request Form.

Before we are able to respond to your request, we must be satisfied of your identity and of your entitlement to the information you are requesting. We will therefore ask that you provide us with one of the following proof of your identity:

  • copy of your passport
  • copy of your photo driving licence
  • copy of your Citizen Card

If you are requesting information to be posted to you, we will also require proof of your address. You will therefore need to provide us with one of the following:

  • copy of a utility bill
  • copy of a bank statement
  • copy of any other formal correspondence

We have 40 calendar days in which to provide a response to your request. In order to help us meet this time period and to ensure that you receive only the information you require, it would be helpful if you could supply as much detail as possible about the information that you are interested in receiving.

We will be unable to provide you with information that is about other people without their consent. You will therefore need to supply us with signed consent from those individuals before we can release their information to you. You may use our standard consent form for this purpose. There are certain circumstances where we may be unable to supply you with information about you. These are listed on our Subject Access Request Exemptions page.

If you would like to talk to someone about making a request please contact us on 01392 383445 or email