There is a wide range of groups and services in Devon that can offer social care support to people with a disability. Many groups can be found on directories listed below:
- Pinpoint Devon
- Find voluntary services in Devon on the Devon Voluntry Action (DeVA) directory
You can also find many support services and advice on the following websites:
- Living Options – Support for people with disabilities or an impairment in Devon.
- Scope – A national charity that supports people with a disability or impairement.
- GOV.uk – Central Government’s that provides information and advice.
- The Disabilities Trust – A national charity that supports people with brain injuries, physical diabilities or Autism.
- Devon Partnership Trust (DPT) – Information and advice for those supporting or people with a learning disability.
- BILD – Useful information, resources and advice for people with a learning disability.
- Mencap – Advice and support for people with a learning disability.
If you live in the Torbay area, contact the Torbay Disability Information Service on 0300 456 8373
If you live in Plymouth then try searching for support service on the Plymouth POD directory
- Disabilities benefits helpline
- Personal budgets public helpline
- Disabled students public helpline
- Welfare rights helpline for member organisations
- Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS), for disabled people who feel they may have been discriminated against
- Mencap Direct – Helpline for people with learning disabilities
Find more helplines and support services here – http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/disability.php
Getting our support
To help identify where you can maximise your independance, try our self-help tool which is design to offer suggentions and details of the type of support that can be found in Devon. The self-help tool will also help to highlight if a further Care needs assessment would be appropriate.
Care needs assessments
If you have more complex needs then you might need a more detailed discussion about the help you need. This could happen over the phone or face to face. You may also be offered an assessment of your care and support needs and your eligibility for support
More information can be found on our Getting our support page.