This website includes information on safeguarding vulnerable adults from abuse, and the work of Devon’s Safeguarding Adults Board.
There is also information on the Mental Capacity Act 2005, and how this important piece of law protects vulnerable people who lack mental capacity to make some decisions.
Safeguarding vulnerable adults is everyone’s business. It depends on people understanding and doing the following things;
- being aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that vulnerable adults can face
- knowing what help is available
- understanding their responsibilities
- working together to report and investigate concerns
- working together to prevent abuse and neglect
The Safeguarding Adults Board aims to ensure that organisations work together to achieve all of these things in order to protect vulnerable adults.
This site aims to provide information for people who may experience or be at risk of experiencing abuse, their families, carers, and anyone who works with people with health or social care needs.
The site will be maintained and up dated on a regular basis to ensure the information contained within it reflects the best possible information that is available.