Information for professionals

How to make a referral

If you are concerned about an adult

For victims or perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse contact SPLITZ using the online referral form or by telephone on 0345 155 1074.

For female victims of rape or sexual violence contact Devon Rape Crisis Service

If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult

A vulnerable adult is:

  • a person “who is or may be in need of community care services by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness,
  • and who is or may be unable to take care of him or herself,
  • or unable to protect him or herself against significant harm or exploitation”,

If you see, hear or suspect a vulnerable adult is being abused in any way, you must tell someone about it. Contact Care Direct on Freephone 0845 155 1007 (8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday to Friday and from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturdays) or email

In an emergency only, please contact the Emergency Duty Service 0845 6000 388

If you are concerned about a child

If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and want to speak to someone contact our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 155 1071 or email and give as much information as you can.

Alternatively the Emergency Duty Service provide an emergency social care crisis response outside of normal office hours, and you can contact them on 0845 6000 388.