Supporting children and young people with SEND is everyone’s responsibility and every local authority must provide a range of services and support for children that have special educational needs or disabilities. Our SEND local offer lets people know what help and support is available, and who can access it.
The Devon SEND local offer signposts to help and support and explains who can access it.
- Education – support in early years, schools and college, including transport
- Health – specialist clinics, support and advice for children and young people with medical needs
- Social care – support for personal care and practical assistance, short breaks and personal budgets
- Transitions – moving between phases of education and preparing for adulthood
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) – the statutory EHCP process explained, including applying for a plan, transfers and reviews
- Information, advice and support – where to get impartial and confidential information, advice and support
INSERT LINKS TO EACH SECTION WHEN COMPLETE
It also allows children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, their families, and service providers to get involved in reviewing and developing services and support in order to make the offer more responsive to local needs and aspirations.