Skip to content

Who to contact for advice and guidance

If you think your child has special educational needs, you can speak to the professionals already working with your child, such as a teacher or GP.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for on the website please email or call 01392 383000.

You can also choose to talk to someone at the Devon Information, Advice and Support (DIAS) service. They provide an impartial, confidential and free service for parents, children and young people. You can call them on 01392 383080.

There are local SEND support groups listed on Pinpoint Devon, online groups, training and events to help parents of children and young people with SEND.

Early years

Family Information Service

The Family Information Service is a source of information for parents and carers of children in Devon. It includes registered childcare and other services and support for all children, young people and parents (not just those with SEND).

You can search Pinpoint Devon for childcare or early years provision in your area.

If you need help to find early years and childcare provision you can use the brokerage service.


Support in school

You can contact DIAS to discuss the support your child is receiving at school.

School transport

If you are unable to make arrangements for school transport, or if you have any questions, please speak to a member of the Transport Team on 0345 155 1019.

Education, health and care plans (EHCPs)

Contact Devon’s SEN 0-25 Team. They carry out EHC needs assessments and maintain and review EHCPs.

You can contact a member of staff in the SEN 0-25 Team by calling 01392 380434, Monday to Friday, 10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 4 pm. Alternatively, you can email

Social care (disabilities) and short breaks

For more information about accessing support from our Disabled Children’s Service please email

The Disability Network (Max Card)

If you need some help registering or just want some more information about the Disability Network please email

Preparing for adulthood

Contact the Preparing for Adulthood team on 01392 381 291 or email them at

Care Direct

Care Direct offers information, advice and support about the adult social care system in Devon for young people aged 18+ and their families. Call 0345 1551 007 or email

Financial support

The Quid for Kids project can help you by assessing whether you are able to claim benefits as well as helping you challenge benefit decisions if you think you have not been treated fairly.

Not sure there are any other points of contact

National guidance and support

Neighbouring authority local offers