Social and Emotional
This page gives you lots of information about social and emotional special needs. Click on the questions below for more information.
- What are special social and emotional needs?
All children and young people have social and emotional needs. Children with special social and emotional needs have severe difficulties in managing their emotions and behaviour. They often show inappropriate responses and feelings to situations. These needs can often lead to special needs relating to mental health.
- What should I do if I am worried about my child?
Your child could be displaying difficulties with:
- Their speech development
- Responding to others, physically or verbally
- Interacting or playing
- Their behaviour
Please visit this NHS Choices page for more information.
- What help and support is available in Devon?
- What do different professionals do to support a child with special social and emotional needs?
- What can I do as a parent carer to support a child with special social and emotional needs?
- What is the process for getting assessed for special social and emotional needs?
- Where can I get more information?
These websites are good places to look if you want to do some more research into special social and emotional needs.
page updated 23/03/18