Our Equality Reference Group advises and supports the County Council’s work on equality and diversity, providing ideas and scrutiny. It symbolises the partnership of Devon County Council with the local community in its commitment to equality, and includes members from various local organisations pressing for equality. Although acknowledged and supported by the Council, the Equality Reference Group members are independent of the County Council. Service Level Agreements are in place.
- Racial equality representative from the Plymouth and Devon Racial Equality Council.
- LGB&T representative from the Intercom Trust (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans people).
- Disability representative from Living Options Devon/Fusion Partnership (Disabled people and carers).
- Gender equality representative from Fawcett Devon.
- Older person’s representative from Devon Senior Voice.
- Young person’s representative – Young Devon.
- Religion and belief representative from Devon Faith and Belief Forum.
Equality Surgeries are held on a regular basis with the Equality Reference Group. This provides an opportunity for Council officers and members to consult the group at an early stage on equality related matters. Officers and members should contact the Corporate Equality Officer about attendance at a Surgery.