Community | Environment
Waste Collection Changes For Some
Posted on: 11 July 2014
The Council has changed collection days for rubbish, recycling and garden waste collections for some residential properties in Exeter. These changes will take effect from Monday 14th July 2014.
Why did the Council make these changes?
• Rubbish that cannot be recycled is now sent to the new Energy from Waste plant in Exeter to be converted into energy which means we have less far to travel, and can collect from even more properties in Exeter during a working day.
• Exeter is building, or has plans to build, up to 5,000 new homes over the next 3 to 5 years so we needed to make changes to accommodate collections from these new homes.
• Whenever we plan changes to collection rounds, we always take the opportunity to make further improvements to collection routes in order to save fuel and vehicle emissions.
Who has been affected?
• 11,300 homes have been affected by these changes to their rubbish, recycling or garden waste collections.
What should I do if I think I have been affected?
• The Council has written to all residents that have been affected by changes to their rubbish, recycling or garden waste collections.
• If you have not received, or have mislaid, a letter from the Council Find out when your bin is collected will tell when your next rubbish, recycling and garden waste collections are scheduled to take place. You can also download and print the calendar for your property from this web page.
Please don’t stop recycling
• We need Exeter residents to keep up the good work they have been doing to recycle as this provides valuable materials that earn revenue for the Council which helps us keep Council taxes down as much as we can.
Posted in: Community | Environment