What kind of checks will you carry out on me and my home?

Posted on: 16 July 2013

We carry out a number of checks as part of the application process. These include:

  • A Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), (formerly known as CRB) on all members of your household over the age of 16
  • Checks with your local authority or health trust social work service
  • Checks with the education department
  • Checks with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) which lists those prevented from working with children
  • A standard safety check on your home
  • We also request references from previous employers as well as personal references from two people who have known you for at least five years