Fund title: 2013 Made in the South West Awards Open to Application
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To recognise and celebrate the achievements of designers, innovators, technology developers and manufacturers in the South West of England.
5th September 2013
Aimed at showcasing the best South West products, services, inventions and management, the awards recognise those companies driving innovation for their customers, stakeholders and the wider economy across the region.
Eight award categories make up the 2013 programme:
- Manufacturing Innovation – for the company that has generated a substantial commercial benefit from an innovative product or process designed and manufactured in the South West.
- Apprenticeship & Training Award – for the best apprenticeship or other training scheme in the South West. The category is open to all those businesses, colleges or other institutions in the region that have devised or are running an apprenticeship scheme.
- Aerospace/Defence – for the South West aerospace/defence company that the judges deem has had the biggest impact in the South West region.
- Exporter of the Year – for the company deemed by the judges to be the most innovative and impressive exporter, in terms of both international presence and percentage of total sales, of products made in the South West.
- Sustainable Manufacturer – for the company that has demonstrated the greatest commitment, through its products and processes, to forging a low carbon manufacturing future for the South West.
- Food and Drink – for the South West food and drink company the judges believe has had the biggest impact in the region.
- Advanced Manufacturer – for the South West company deemed by the judges to be the most forward-looking, investing in advanced manufacturing processes, techniques and equipment, solving problems and proving added value to customers.
- Manufacturer of the Year – for the company that has contributed most to maintaining the national and international renown of the Made in the South West brand.
Nominated companies will be put before a judging panel and the shortlisted organisations determined. The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Marriott Hotel (City Centre) in Bristol on 14 November 2013.