Fund title: Launch of Local Papers Fund – Torquay Herald Express
Focus of fund/fund aims:
For community projects that will bring real improvements to the lives of local people
21st July 2013
The Big Lottery Fund has joined forces with eight local newspapers across England to award £250,000 of Lottery money to community projects in each area.
Grants of between £10,000 and £30,000 are available for community projects that will bring real improvements to the lives of local people. For example:
- Running classes to get people more physically active.
- Turning a derelict site into a community garden.
- Setting up after-school cooking clubs.
- Organising tea dances for isolated older people.
- Training young people to become more employable.
- Helping the community get online.
Voluntary or community groups, not-for-profit groups, schools, health bodies and parish or town councils that are working within the readership area of the Torquay Herald Express (Bovey Tracey, Brixham, Buckfastleigh, Ashburton, Chudleigh, Dartmouth, Dawlish, Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Kingsteignton, Moretonhampstead, Newton Abbot, Paignton, Salcombe, Teignmouth, Torquay and Totnes) are eligible to apply.
Details of the other local schemes will be reported separately once the details are confirmed.