what is Learn Devon?
For over 20 years* we have provided adult and community education courses in Devon covering everything from providing key skills to helping people improve at their hobbies. We’re proud to invite you to join the thousands of people who have enjoyed learning with us.
We run hundreds of courses at centres all across Devon, so whether you want to gain new skills, improve on existing ones, gain a qualification, learn skills to help you get back to work or just meet new people, we will help you find a course that is right for you.
To find a course you can browse through what we have available using the Search box to the right, call 0345 155 1014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on our courses.
Learn Devon is funded and accredited by:
To deliver high quality learning experiences to support the personal, social and economic development of individuals and to support the diverse communities we serve.
- We are dedicated to the development and well being of learners, raising aspirations and supporting success
- We will strive towards continuous improvement and successful outcomes for learners
- We will be customer focused and strive for the highest standards of service
- We will be equalities focused and value the positive contribution of differences
- We will work with a variety of partners to make best use of resources to get the best results
Promote continuous improvement in teaching, learning and support.
- Achieve targets for learner numbers
- Maintain learner success rates above national benchmarks
- Provide quality of teaching and learning in line with Ofsted criteria and grades
- Provide excellent support through Information Advice and Guidance, Learner Support and Learning Support Funds
- Ensure appropriate progression routes for learners
Maintain a sound financial base and provide excellent value for money.
- Establish a fees structure that reflects service users’ ability to pay.
- Help learners to access personal sources of financial support for learning
- Actively seek efficiencies through sharing of resources with partners.
- Actively seek additional funding from a variety of sources.
- Implement financially sustainable development plans.
Ensure that good quality facilities support high quality teaching and learning.
- Ensure a safe learning environment
- Provide accessible accommodation and a range of learning resources to meet the needs of learners
- Ensure that partner accommodation meets service standards
- Work with Devon County Council partners to develop integrated services in shared premises
Learn Devon is committed to a process of continuous improvement, engaging all staff, learners and other stakeholders appropriately in monitoring, evaluating and improving performance in the service standards and setting targets for enhanced delivery. The Service will be proactive in this engagement and will plan for and provide a variety of opportunities to obtain feedback on performance and proposals for development and change.
If you have any questions, please contact us.