Giving you the skills you need to succeed
Sometimes people can be put off gaining qualifications by the fact they need to earn while they learn. Others may feel being sat in a classroom isn’t as useful as learning on the job, even if it means they miss out on vital training and qualifications.
An Apprenticeship can be a great way of getting the best of both worlds, offering a structured programme and qualifications to help someone succeed in their chosen field, while allowing them to work, earn money and gain real-world skills at the same time.
For employers it’s a great way to increase productivity and ensure staff receive the training they need to help the business succeed, all in a way that offers great value for money.
- Apprenticeships are a work-based programme leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- They are a structured training programme, specific to the apprentice’s needs, enabling people to gain knowledge and experience whist at the same time earning money
- They are open to people between the ages of 16 and 60+ years of age.
- They take between 1 to 3 years to complete depending on the level and subject area.
How are our Apprenticeships different?
Our e-learning method of providing apprenticeships means that it doesn’t matter where in Devon a learner or employer are based. The flexibility of our apprenticeships means that an apprentice may only be expected to attend occasional centre-based sessions, with the rest of their courses being managed online, which means more time can be spent working and learning on the job, in order to become a well-trained and valuable member of staff.
- They are work based
- Current or new staff can do an apprenticeship
- 80% of those employers who employ apprentices believe they make their workplace more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
- Over 100,000 employers offer Apprenticeship places in over 190 job roles across a wide range of sectors
- 88% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate
Learn Devon currently have five apprentices all undertaking our Customer Service Apprenticeship, see our Could You Be An Apprentice? page to view their progress.