Information For Businesses
Apprenticeships provide real, measurable business benefits for employers. They bring productive, enthusiastic and loyal people into your organisation and demonstrate your commitment to investing in your people, to customers and suppliers.
There are real business benefits to taking on apprentices:
- Apprentices increase productivity and efficiency. 80% of those who employ apprentices agree that they make the workplace more productive
- Apprentices are loyal and hardworking and help businesses grow. 88% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- 81% of consumers would prefer to use a company that employs apprentices.
We have apprentices waiting for placements!
What we’ll do for you…
From your initial enquiry through until the training is complete, our dedicated team will work with you and provide you with solutions.
As your training provider we will:
- Help you decide which apprenticeship is best for you
- Explain the funding to you
- Discuss a training plan with you for your apprentice(s)
- Help you to recruit your apprentice through the Apprenticeship Vacancy online service (AVOL)
Requirements for Employers
- Employers must hold current Employers and Public Liability Insurance
- Employers must pay Apprentices the current minimum national apprenticeship wage or above
- Must comply with Health & Safety legislation and provide induction training on Health & Safety
- Ensure there is adequate competent supervision for the Apprentice, training opportunities and allow the Apprentice time away for training
An Apprenticeship is made up of a number of areas:
- A Diploma in the subject at either level 2 or 3
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (dependent on subject area studied and previous qualifications/grades achieved)
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
How you can support us and the Learner…
- Work with us and the Assessor to help the apprentice
- Commit to the programme
- Provide your apprentice/s with learning opportunities
- Be aware of assessment visits and ensure as far as possible you are available
Types of Apprenticeships:
We currently offer Apprenticeships (level 2 and 3) in:
- Customer Service
- Business and Administration
We will be adding new types of Apprenticeships over time. If you do not see an apprenticeship suitable for your requirements, contact us, we would be happy to discuss the options available to you.
More information about apprenticeships:
- Check out the skills funding agency website
- Find out what other employers are saying about apprenticeships
Download our brochure, Flexible Apprenticeships For Your Business.
If you have any more questions, please contact us.