Posted on: 11 September 2018
You will develop your skills, learn and explore mathematical topics and improve understanding.
The course follows the syllabus for the foundation tier of Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (2015). The latest GCSEs have a new grading system from 1 to 9. Your tutor will explain this in more detail.
The new syllabus is split into five distinct areas of study;
• Number – about 25% of the exams;
• Ratio, proportion and rates of change – about 25% of the exams;
• Algebra – about 20% of the exams;
• Statistics and probability – about 15% of the exams;
• Geometry and measures – about 15% of the exams.
It is essential that you can commit to weekly attendance as well as completing weekly homework, to succeed.