helping to ensure everyone can learn
Learn Devon is dedicated to supporting learners by any means that we can, whether that is providing equipment and support for those with particular needs or offering the ability to pay by installments. If you need any support not mentioned below, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
We understand that sometimes you may need extra support to aid your learning. Learning support is designed to give you the help you need to access your chosen course. Any learner can apply for support with their learning.
learning support may include:
- equipment such as specialised computer keyboards, large screen computers, dictaphones or screen readers
- a learning support assistant to work with you in the classroom
- assistance in exams, such as extra time
- a hearing loop, coloured overlays and other aids and adaptations to support your learning
- study skills, portfolio building and organisational skills
For more information and to discuss any other requirements you may have, please make an appointment with one of our learning support tutors by calling MyDevon on 0345 155 1014, e-mailing email@example.com or calling in at your local centre.
help with course fees/concessions
Some learners may be eligible for concessions on certain courses. You do not have to pay any fees where you meet one of the following conditions and the course you wish to enrol on is eligible for concessions (you can see which courses are eligible when you view the relevant course page):
- You are using your course to support entry into employment and you are receiving Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) or Universal Credit because you are unemployed and required to undertake skills training1
- You are aged 19-23* years of age and studying your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification (You can find information about qualification levels in our FAQs).
- You are aged 19-23* and your highest qualification is at Level 1 or below1 or you do not have any qualifications (You can find information about qualification levels in our FAQs).
- You are unemployed, in receipt of a state benefit other than JSA, ESA WRAG or Universal Credit with a requirement to undertake skills training and are using your course to support entry into employment1 (Note: this does not apply to Modern Foreign Language and certain other courses)
- You are enrolling on an English or maths GCSE course and have not reached GCSE level C or above in English and maths1 (Please note: GCSE courses are not currently available at our Ilfracombe and Tavistock centres).
Acceptable evidence for concessions and financial support MUST be submitted to the centre within seven days of your enrolment. Failure to provide evidence will mean payment of full course fees.
Those aged 24 and above may be eligible for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan on some courses. More details are available in our FAQs.
* Evidence Required 1Self Declaration to be signed 2 Eligibility criteria applies to all courses
If you are claiming concessions you may also be eligible for help with the following:
- Childcare costs (Ofsted registered provider)
- Travel costs
- Course equipment
- Examination fees
- Care costs for a dependant
Funds are limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Application forms are available from your local centre.
paying by instalment
If your course fee is £100 or over you can pay by instalment. You will pay a quarter of the fee upfront followed by a further three instalments, paid by standing order. Please contact us for further information.