MPS: Care homes
MPS: Care homes
Market opportunities summary
- Devon County Council and NHS open framework contract for all care homes for all adults will be put in place by summer 2020.
- Regional framework for people with complex and intensive needs associated with a learning disability by April 2020.
- Accredited list of replacement care providers including care homes by October 2019 (see section on replacement care).
- Increased opportunities for care home providers capable of delivering time – limited placements to promote independence particularly for people of working age and even more particularly for people 18 – 35.
- Opportunities, where appropriate, to de-register or diversify into the provision of housing with care services.
How can we help you?
We will work with care home providers to support their business planning and development where those providers indicate a desire to develop or change their service model and where such a change meets our strategic objectives.
We will support care homes, to develop service models that meet the changing needs of people with complex and intensive care through:
- building needs profiles at a locality level to enable long term planning and involving care homes in defining intensive and complex care.
- the new joint Devon County Council and NHS open framework contract for all care homes for all adults embedding principles of personalised care and promoting independence and based upon a personalised fee model for Devon County Council funded individuals
- supporting service providers who wish to develop their service to include a time-limited, promoting independence approach through staff training and care and support planning.
- a new regional framework for care homes for people with more complex and intensive support needs associated with a learning disability
- joint NHS and social care approach to supporting workforce development via investment with Better Care Funded training and support and through the PEN and Proud to Care initiative
- joint work with care homes to promote the use of assistive technology to support independence
- work with NHS colleagues and care homes in the implementation of enhanced health care in care homes framework
- access to the CIAG Fund which offers both revenue and capital funding to support innovation, diversification and growth.
(Return to the Market Position Statement)
Last updated: 10/01/2020