Factsheet: Temporary Traffic Orders for works
You can apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) for works because:
- the works are to be carried out on or near the road
- there is a likelihood of danger to the public
- serious damage to the road needs repairing.
We need a minimum of three months’ notice to introduce a temporary traffic order for planned work.
For an emergency closure due to a burst water or gas main, phone 01392 383329.
- Closure or restrictions by Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) for planned works – £800
- Closure or restrictions by Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice (TTRN) for emergencies – £200
- Extending a TTRO for up to 18 months – £200
- Deferring the start date for an order which has been processed and advertised and so has to be re-advertised – £500
- If you cancel a TTRO before it has been advertised the fee will be lowered – £200
If you need ‘no waiting’ cones there may be an additional cost.
How to apply
Fill in the application form and send it, along with a cheque for payment and supporting materials to:
Devon County Council
PO Box 494
If you need further information, email email@example.com or phone 0345 155 1004.