Managing the network
We are responsible for over 12,800 kilometres (8,000 miles) of road from major routes to narrow country lanes, the longest network in England.
We proactively manage the movement of traffic on the highway network. Our 24-hour service deals with incidents and emergencies affecting the highway network, monitors traffic and congestion on major routes, and plans our response to forecasted weather emergencies.
To do this we undertake:
• regular inspections to identify and repair safety issues
• regular surveys of the network to provide information on the condition
• routine maintenance on a set frequency, such as gully emptying
• planned maintenance to address known issues such as blocked drainage systems and ditches, minor road repairs, traffic signals, street lighting, road markings and signage
• coordination of dates and timing of works to minimise disruption to traffic (we receive approximately 35,000 applications from statutory undertakers each year, needing to book road space)
• management and enforcement of parking restrictions
• supervision and enforcement of highway activities including works and events
If you can’t find what you’re looking for please take a look at our help and support page where we’ve brought together the answers to our most commonly asked questions.