Make a request
You must apply for a licence to have cafe seating and tables on the public highway – that is any paved or pedestrianised areas.
Licensing authorities are:
- Exeter City Council
- Teignmouth Town Council
- Totnes Town Council
- Newton Abbot Town Council
- Exmouth Town Council
Devon County Council is the licensing authority for all other areas.
- We can only consider applications where there is a minimum width of two metres of footway remaining for pedestrians.
- A licence costs £200, with a yearly renewal fee of £85.
- Licences are non-transferable.
- You must hold Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of £5 million.
- We must carry out a 28 day public consultation on all new applications.
To apply for a licence email email@example.com and we will get back to you.