Skip to content

Please Note: You are currtently viewing the development site (beta).
Please go to for the current live and active version.

Make a request

Street cafe

You must apply for a licence to have cafe seating and tables on the public highway – that is any paved or pedestrianised areas.

Licensing authorities are:

Devon County Council is the licensing authority for all other areas.

  • We can only consider applications where there is a minimum width of two metres of footway remaining for pedestrians.
  • A licence costs £200, with a yearly renewal fee of £85.
  • Licences are non-transferable.
  • You must hold Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of £5 million.
  • We must carry out a 28 day public consultation on all new applications.


If you would like to continue with your application read our conditions and guidance notes.

To apply for a licence email and we will get back to you.