Make a request
Temporary road closure
If something has happened which may cause a danger to people or property on or adjacent to the public highway and the road needs to be closed email HOCC@devon.gov.uk or phone 01392 383329 immediately.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is a legal process which must be used to introduce any temporary restrictions such as a temporary road closure, suspending a one way street or suspending parking.
Road closures are considered to be a last resort and we will only grant a licence following a completed application and risk assessment.
To apply for a licence you must:
- give us three months’ notice to process the application
- provide a start date and a duration
- be covered by Public Liability Insurance with a minimum cover of £5 million
- provide a proposed diversion route
- show that you have consulted local stakeholders such as residents and business owners.
A planned road closure will usually cost approximately £800.
Before continuing with your application read our guidance notes.
If you wish to apply for a licence email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.