Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
The Covenant outlines the moral obligations between the nation, the Government and the Armed Forces at a local level.
• There is a national Armed Forces Covenant website where you can find out more information.
• Devon Forces Family is the Devon point of contact for veterans seeking support on a range of matters from healthcare and housing to employability, finances, personal relationships and more.
• Forces Connect Southwest is the Regional point of contact.
• Veterans Gateway is a national point of contact.
Devon Armed Forces Community Wellbeing Partnership
The vision of the Covenant in Devon is to Recognise the needs, strengths and role of veterans, serving personnel and their families as an integral part of the community of Devon. Using the Partnership to support the development of a whole systems approach to improve outcomes for individuals and families and to ensure that they are at no disadvantage due to service when accessing public services.
Armed Forces Covenant Local Grants programme
Under this programme the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust want to fund projects of up to £20,000 that help integrate Armed Forces and civilian communities across the UK, and/or deliver valuable local services to the Armed Forces Community.
Decisions on Local Grants applications will be made four times in the calendar year 2019.
If you have fixed dates for when your project must take place then you will need to note the following:
• Applications must be submitted by 9am on 9 September 2019 will be decided before the end of November 2019
• Applications must be submitted by 9am on 2 December 2019 will be decided before the end of February 2020.
If you have any queries about the Covenant or the Covenant Funding, you can contact the Armed Forces Covenant Lead Officer: Ali Boyd
(Devon County Council is not responsible for the content of external weblinks).
The following files will open in their associated programs. To view PDF files on our website Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or above is recommended. To upgrade or for help, visit the Adobe website.