Extra care housing (ECH) provides self-contained one or two bedroomed apartments, most often for older people, across a range of tenures and is one of a range of housing with care options available to people to support their independence.
24-hour care and support is available on-site, alongside a range of communal facilities available to support residents and the wider community.
ECH is designed to be a home for life with on-site care and support so that as people’s care needs or the care needs of their partner change they can be accommodated without having to move home.
ECH schemes offer a range of on-site and outreach services and provide assistive technology infrastructure and equipment which is flexible to meet the needs of each resident.
There are five extra care schemes in the county where County Council clients live, as follows:
- Moreton Court – Sanctuary Group (housing and Care)
- Haydon Court – Aster Group (housing) and Guinness Care and Support (care)
- Douro Court – The Guinness Partnership (housing and care)
- Castle Ham Lodge – The Guinness Partnership (housing and care)
- Quayside – The Guinness Partnership (housing and care)
If you do not have a contract and are interested in getting into business with Devon County Council, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already in business with Devon County Council and would like to discuss an existing contract, please contact email@example.com.