Posted on: 20 March 2018
From 1 April 2018 we will be charging for all tailored business advice*. This will be charged at £80 per hour (plus VAT). We are introducing these charges to maintain a flexible and robust service, providing a high level of business support as well as focusing our resources on priority areas such as vulnerable consumers.
We aim to support your business to comply with Trading Standards legislation and help it grow and develop. Our rates for paid-for services are competitive and transparent, and you are in control of what you spend.
There are several options for accessing paid-for advice. These are:
Primary Authority Partnership
- A legally recognised partnership offering your business tailored ‘assured advice’, which means it must be respected by all local regulators.
- Easier for your business to comply with the law and reduces compliance costs.
- Helps your business grow knowing the resources invested in compliance are recognised across the country.
- Tailor-made service built around your business needs.
- Saves you time by giving you a dedicated Trading Standards Officer to contact for advice, support and guidance for regulatory issues across the country.
- Offers reassurance – your Trading Standards Officer will handle all incoming regulatory issues and support you to address them.
- Advice and support provided under Primary Authority is VAT exempt.
- Discounts on some of our other services including:
– Buy With Confidence membership
– Food/product safety sampling
– Staff training
- Find out more.
Buy With Confidence
- Increase customer confidence and set yourself apart from competitors by joining our Buy With Confidence scheme and becoming Trading Standards Approved.
- Be listed on the Buy With Confidence national website and in the directory, used by the public to find dependable businesses.
- Offers reassurance – receive on-going support from Trading Standards, including legal updates, access to mediation and a detailed compliance audit for peace of mind.
- Use the Buy With Confidence logo and say you’re ‘Trading Standards Approved’.
- Fixed annual membership fee rather than per hour cost.
- Be part of a growing community and enjoy member benefits and events
- Find out more.
Advice on an hourly rate
If you aren’t ready to join Primary Authority or Buy With Confidence, you can pay for advice on an hourly rate (£80 plus VAT per hour). However, you will miss out on some of the benefits of the above schemes.
All advice is charged at £80 (plus VAT) per hour and officers will contact you with an estimate before starting the work. Invoices will be issued in arrears and are payable within 30 days.
You will still be able to read our free comprehensive online guidance documents for business. We’re currently redeveloping our website to make it easier for you to navigate and find the information you need.
*Tailored business advice is anything other than using our free online guidance documents for self help. If you are unsure please contact us first to discuss your requirements.
You can find more about our paid-for services on the above links, or please contact us.