What we do
Devon County Council is responsible for the safe disposal of all municipal household waste generated in the eight districts of Devon.
We are dedicated to reducing, reusing, recycling, composting and as a last option, recovering energy wherever possible.
Below you will find links to everything you need to know about using our recycling centres, the collection of your household waste and much more.
- Can I bring my general black bag waste to the Recycling Centre?
- Within the individual HWRC pages, whether black bag waste is acceptable or not is found in the ‘Restricted & Non-Acceptable Materials’ tab.
- My kerbside waste/recycling has not been collected
- I have lost my recycling boxes, how can I get new ones?
- https://new.devon.gov.uk/wasteandrecycling/household-collections/ (we don’t actually state replacement boxes can be requested from district, perhaps we could add to this page?)
- Am I allowed to go to the Recycling Centre in my sign written/company vehicle?
- I have employed a tradesperson to undertake work on my property and they have left behind waste, can I bring this down to the Recycling Centre
- https://new.devon.gov.uk/wasteandrecycling/commercial-waste/apply-for-commercial-recycling/ (We also state that commercial waste is not accepted on each HWRC’s ‘Restricted & Non-Acceptable Materials’ tab under ‘Not-Acceptable.’ However, perhaps we need to revise the text as some of the public may not understand that waste is commercial if a builder is employed?)