Skip to content

Find help with care and support

It it important that people know how to find help if they are at risk themselves, or concerned about someone else. It is equally as important that people know how to find support should they want to prevent a problem in the future.

There are a number of people that you can talk to if you would like to get some help with care or support:

  • Talk to someone you trust, and that you are already in contact with, for example your doctor, social worker or care worker.
  • Search on Pinpoint Devon for community services in Devon. You can filter this search by topic and location.
  • Look on the Devon County Council Care and Health site that provides information on services that can support you to stay living safely and independently.
  • For advice on mental health or learning disability needs, look at the Devon Partnership NHS Trust site.
  • For information on how to make our communities safer, visit Safer Devon website.
  • Citizens Advice  is a provider of free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
  • If you are concerned about someone you have seen sleeping rough in England or Wales, you can use the Street Link website to send an alert to the local authority or outreach service for the area in which you have seen the person, to help them find the individual and connect them to support.
  • The Samaritans can offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal.
  • The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety.
  • Age UK is the country’s largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We provide companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most.
  • Victim Support is a charity who work towards a world where people affected by crime or traumatic events get the support they need and the respect they deserve. Their support is free, confidential and tailored to your needs.
  • Mind provider of advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
  • Mencap offer advice and support to people with a learning disability.

If you are concerned that an adult is at risk please call

0345 155 1007

or email

If it’s an emergency call 999