Who to Contact if you Experience Flooding


What to do in the event of a flood: Your guide to who you should call

If it is an emergency and there is danger to life as a result of flooding you should not hesitate to call 999.

To report flooding of the highway and blocked drains contact Devon County Council’s Highway Customer Service Centre on 0845 155 1004 or visit www.devon.gov.uk/drainage. Office hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Saturdays 9am – 1pm. For emergencies outside of these hours call 01392 383329.

For any flooding on major trunk roads (the M5 A30, A38, A35 and A303) contact the Highways Agency on 0300 123 5000 (24 hours service).

To report flooding from sewers and water pipes contact South West Water on 0844 346 2020 (24 hours service).

For advice and enquiries about flood warnings contact the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or 0345 988 1188 (24 hours service).

For general queries about Main River or flooding from the sea contact the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506 or 0345 988 1188 or visit www.gov.uk/environment-agency.

In the first instance of local flooding and for sandbag requests contact your local District or Parish Council Flood Warden to determine the availability of sandbags in your area.


How to contact us

Flood Risk Management
AB3 Lucombe House
County Hall
Topsham Road


You can also contact the relevant Flood Risk Officer for your area:

East Devon and Exeter
01392 381897

Teignbridge, South Hams and West Devon
01392 382691

Mid Devon, Torridge and North Devon
01392 381905