Engaging Devon – Strategy
5. How do we engage?
There are four types of engagement or involvement which we may adopt:
The ‘wheel of involvement’ demonstrates that we place equal value on each type.
- Source: Wheel of Involvement (Fusion consortium, contracted providers of health and social care engagement 2009)
We recognise that one size does not fit all, and we will use different methods of engagement to meet the various needs of those we are seeking to engage. We also recognise that some ways or methods will work better in certain situations, activities, groups, or to gain a certain type of information.
We will use appropriate ways of engaging with people, which may include:
- posters and leaflets
- complaints and suggestion schemes
- referenda, surveys and questionnaires
- information events
- media – including social media
- focus groups, user reference groups and scrutiny groups
- public meetings and citizens’ panels
- community plan/needs analysis
- interviews and polls
- co-production workshops
- participatory and stakeholder events.