What we do…

Devon County Council is responsible for planning issues relating to mineral, waste and county council developments such as schools. We also work in partnership with district councils and neighbouring authorities on strategic and cross-boundary planning policy issues.

Applications and queries about planning permission for homes and businesses should be addressed to your local district or city council office. Plymouth City Council, Torbay Council, Dartmoor National Park and Exmoor National Park handle all planning matters within their areas.