We offer free pre-application advice and encourage applicants to take up this service. An early discussion with us can save you time and money as well as helping to establish:
- a constructive dialogue between applicants and planning officers
- the information that needs to be submitted with the planning application to meet national and local validation requirements
- an understanding of the site history, relevant planning issues and planning policies
- whether other statutory consents or legal agreements may be required
- whether a planning application is required or if the scheme is ‘permitted development’
In order to have an effective and constructive pre-application discussion we need some basic information. The more information you submit, the more advice we can provide.