Click below to find local businesses and services that are positioned along or close to the Grand Western Canal Country Park.
Tiverton Canal Company
- Horse-drawn barge trips.
- Boat hire (self drive day boats, rowing boats or a Canadian canoe.
- Gift shop (canalside and online).
- Boat permits.
Duck’s Ditty floating cafe/bar
- Fully licenced bar.
- Coffee house.
- Light lunches.
- Ice creams.
Canal Tea Rooms & Gardens
Located at the end of the Grand Western Canal Car Park
Devon EX16 4AQ
Tel: 01884 252291
Open early April to early October, every day 10am – 6pm
- Light home-made meals.
- Cakes, desserts and ice-creams.
- Devonshire Cream Teas.
Best Western Tiverton Hotel
- 69 spacious en-suite bedrooms.
- Disabled rooms available.
- 7 purpose built.
- Conference Suites.
- Superb restaurant.
- Ample free parking.
Exe Valley Angling
19 Westexe South
Tel: 01884 242275
- Fishing tackle.
- Angling rights on the canal are leased to the Tiverton and District Angling Club. A canal permit or day ticket is required in addition to the Environment Agency rod licence.
Freetrike is a disability cycling support and rehabilitation service for people, of all ages, who live in and around Devon. The service uses specialist cycle equipment on a variety of traffic free paths to deliver.
Mid Devon Moorings
- Moorings for narrowboats and cruisers, long or short term.
- Water, fuel, gas, rubbish/toilet disposal.
- On-site car park and lawn area.
Abbotshood Cycle Hire
- Cycles to suit all ages and abilities.
- Children’s trailers.
- Specialist disability trikes and Tramper mobility buggy.
- Free delivery and collection by arrangement.
Halberton Court Farm Shop and Tearoom
Devon EX16 7AW
Tel: 01884 829543
Open Mon – Sat 9am -5.30pm (and Sun 10am – 4pm during the pick your own season only).
- Fruit, vegetables, cakes, preserves, butchers.
- Tearoom, offering light lunches and cream teas throughout the summer.
For enquiries, please contact:
Devon TQ13 8AW
Tel: 01647 433593
Good comfortable 5 bedroom house in a great location for enjoying leisurely canalside living.
Easy access to north and south coasts, Exmoor and Somerset.
Only 8 minutes from M5 and mainline station.
Sleeps up to 12.
Hickory Inn Pub & Grill
(currently The Barge Inn – under new ownership)
93 High Street
Devon EX16 7AG
Tel: 01884 820316
Open Mon – Fri 5pm – 11:30pm
Sat and Sun 12 noon – 11:30pm
- American style home cooked meals.
- Menu to suit all the family.
- Cask ales.
- Dogs welcome.
Easy Bike Days
Hire an electric bike and
- start your ride from Willand
- have the electric bike delivered to your home/holiday accommodation or to an area you would like to explore.
- Sampford Peverell
1 Lower Town
Tel 01884 820270
Open Mon 5pm – 11pm, Tues – Sat 11.30am – midnight, Sun noon – 11.30pm.
Food and real ales, Sunday roast.
No food served on Sun eve or Mon.
The Globe Inn – Sampford Peverell
16 Lower Town
Devon EX16 7BJ
Tel: 01884 821214
Open 8am -11pm
Traditional old pub situated in the village of Sampford Peverell with access to the canal via the car park.
- Good selection of real ales and a very warm welcome for all.
- Free Wifi.
- En-suite accomodation.
- Large garden with decking area.
- Sunday Carvery.
- Children’s Adventure Play Area.
- Food Served All Day.
- Large Car Park.
- Dogs Welcome.
Spar Convenience Store and Post Office
Devon EX16 7FB
Tel: 01884 829535
Open Mon – Fri 7.30am – 8pm, Sat & Sun 8am – 5.30pm. Post office open Mon – Fri 7.30 – 5.30, Sat 8am – 5.30, closed Sun.
Groceries, post office, off-licence, newsagent, hot food.
Mountain Oak Farm,
Devon EX16 7EG.
Tel: 01884 820053
- Ground Floor Holiday Apartments.
- Sleeps 1-4.
Westcountry Golf Academy
Devon EX16 7EH
Tel: 01884 820825
Open Mon – Thurs 9am – 8pm, Fri – Sun 9am – 6pm. Closing extended by one hour during BST.
Public coffee shop serving refreshments and light snacks.
Minnows Touring Park
Devon EX16 7EN
Tel: 01884 821770
Open March – Nov 9am – 6pm.
- Caravan Club affiliated site for caravans and motorhomes right beside the Grand Western Canal.
- Small tent area.
- Electric hookups.
- Modern heated toilet and shower block.
- Children’s play area.
- Leisure boats may take on water from the landing stage, and boat trailer storage, chemical loo disposal and shower facilities are available by arrangement.
Devon EX16 7EN
Tel: 01884 821164
Open Weds, Thurs and Fri 10am – 5pm, 1 April – 16 September.
Retail nursery and Holbrook Garden, propagating and growing a wide range of hardy plants.
- Holcombe Rogus
Whipcott Water Holiday Cottages Whipcott Water Holiday Cottages
Somerset TA21 ONA
Te: 01823 672339
- 8 Self-catering holiday cottages
- Located close to the Canal at Whipcott Bridge.
- Hot tubs.
- Free Wi-fi.
The Prince of Wales
The Prince Of Wales Inn
Somerset TA21 0PN
Tel: 01823 672070
Character 17th Century Pub with Restaurant. Idyllic setting on the Devon/Somerset border, near to the Grand Western Canal.
Open Mon-Thurs 12noon-3pm and 5.30pm-11pm, Fri 12noon-3pm and 5.30pm-12midnight, Sat 12noon-12midnight, Sun 12noon-11pm.
Food served lunchtimes and evenings, carvery on Sunday lunchtime.
Holcombe Rogus Garage, Village Shop and Post Office
Somerset TA21 0PN
Tel: 01823 672693
Open Mon – Fri 8am – 1pm and 2pm – 6.30pm, Sat 9am – 1pm.
Post Office open Mon – Fri 9am – 1pm.
- Newspapers and magazines.
- Boat permits.
Gamlins Farm Caravan Park
Tel: 01823 672859
Open end of March to end of October.
- A small family run campsite.
- 30 pitches (hard, grass and seasonal pitches).
- Tents, children and pets welcome.
- Toilet and shower block.
- Electric hook-ups.
- Course fishing.