Skip to content

Training and resources

Managing allegations

If your organisation receives an allegation of abuse against an adult working for your organisation, either in a paid or unpaid capacity, you have a responsibility to report this.

How do I report an allegation?

If you are concerned you should contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) who will provide advice and guidance. The LADO is responsible for co-ordinating a response to concerns about adults who work with children.

If you need to contact Devon’s LADO, please consider all guidance first. If you believe the concern meets the remit of the LADO service, please complete the notification form or telephone 01392 384964 or email for a notification form.

For further details on the process for reporting allegations please see South West Child Protection Procedures.


If you are concerned that a child is being abused please call

0345 155 1071

or email

If it’s an emergency call 999

website feedbackX

Give us your feedback


Welcome to beta.devon, a development environment for all of our web sites and an example of how our information and services are presented.

PLEASE BE AWARE - this is a test website. It may contain inaccuracies or be misleading. remains the official website for county council information and services.

Your suggestions will help us make this site better, so if you have any comments please leave us feedback.

N.B. This site uses 'cookies' and Google Analytics. Closing this page sets a cookie so you don't see it again. There's more information on cookies at